Flowers, Concentrates, Edibles: What does it all really mean? With the recent legalization of marijuana in this great country, you, the courageous, cannabis consumer whom you aim to become, have been exposed to all of this exciting terminology and different weed types to the point that you may feel overwhelmed. When was the last time you smoked? Last night? Last month? The 70’s? Information and products are changing every day, and we here at CanEx Delivery wish to help you stay informed on your road to becoming an educated consumer.
How Do You Consume Weed? (aka The Breakdown)
Okay, let’s get categorical for a minute. There are many different kinds of weed products which allows for several ways to ingest cannabis and feel its wonderful effects. There is a way to consume weed out there that fits anyone’s lifestyle and benefits them the most. “How to inhale” is one of the most common cannabis conundrums when you’re new to weed.
The below are only a few of the options offered by us here at CanEx. We’re dedicated to speedy delivery for your weed products and accessories around Southern California. If the simple descriptions of these types of weed products haven’t yet piqued your interest, don’t fret: we’re gonna dig a little deeper.
Flower is the most tried and true method for cannabis consumers spanning generations of weed smokers and midnight tokers. Even within the category of flower, different weed types vary depending on the different strains of weed and whether they are indica-dominant, sativa-dominant, or crossbreeds known as hybrids.
Indicas tend to produce more of a “body high” and are often associated with feelings of deep relaxation within the consumer’s body. Indicas are a type of weed flower that can be consumed after a long day of work as a way to decompress just as someone else would maybe prefer a glass of wine to unwind.
On the other hand, a casual user who prefers to boost their mid-day piano playing session or enjoy a laugh while watching their favorite comedy might find sativas to be their perfect fit. Sativas tend to produce more of what’s known as a “head-high” which can allow consumers to enjoy the benefits of reduced anxiety and even an increase in focus and creativity.
Due to years of crossbreeding and toying around with different kinds of weed, careful cultivators have even been able to produce hybrid strains of indica and sativa that have attributes of both plants when consumed and allow the consumer to enjoy a happy mix of both effects at once.
How to Consume Marijuana Flower
- Flower can be inhaled orally by being simply rolled into papers or smoked through pipes. If the preparation of rolling weed is difficult for somebody who is just starting out, there are a variety of prerolls available which take the hassle out of consuming flowers and come pre-packaged and ready to light!
- You can ignite and inhale flower, which is probably the way with which you and the rest of the world are most familiar. Unlike smoking tobacco-only cigarettes, you can and should inhale into your lungs when enjoying weed, but only for a few moments. Take it slow, with shallow inhalations to start as you acclimate to this new sensation.
Out of all of the weed types, edibles are by far the most convenient. In order to consume an edible, all you have to do is unwrap it, just like you would your favorite convenience-store treat, and… that’s it! If you know how to eat, then you know how to treat yourself with edibles. They come in a variety of treats including gummies, chocolate bars, crackers, drinks, and any other food product you can imagine. It typically takes longer to feel the effects once an edible is consumed, but the high lasts longer. Edibles are perfect for a relaxing Saturday afternoon and a great way to enjoy a smoke-free high.
These effects vary depending on the weed type or strain used in producing this sweet or savory delight, but any informed seller will educate you on their effects to get you the most out of your edible experience. Because you can’t go back, make sure you’re taking an informed dose – edibles can be small but powerful! But among the different kinds of weed, this one is certainly the tastiest! Plus, you can directly measure how much you’re taking, unlike a puff of smoke. Once you become comfortable feeling the effects of your desired high, instead of eating regular movie-theater buttered popcorn with your favorite flick, why not try weed-infused kettle corn instead? The possibilities are truly endless.
How to Consume Edibles
- You can orally consume edibles, which are THC-infused sweets, snacks, or everything in between which allow you to feel the extended effects of THC without having to inhale smoke of any kind. Note that the high that comes with edibles can be slower to process in your body.
Concentrates and Vaporizer Pens
If you are more of a daring dabbler, you might want to dip your toe into the world of concentrates and vaporizer pens. These are some of the types of weed which often are known for their higher THC content, as they utilize resin. For example, you can inhale just a small fraction of a gram of any concentrate to feel the intensity of the effects produced by a whole gram of flower. Whereas good flower can have THC content ranging from 20-30%, concentrates can have THC content upwards of 80%.
These concentrates can be inhaled through specialized pipes that allow the user to heat their preferred concentrate to the correct temperature for consumption. Vaporizer pens, while also being high in THC content, are a different kind of weed product consumed more simply. They are sold in small cartridges that only need to be attached to a simple, rechargeable battery and you’re in for a smooth inhale, once your windpipe gets used to the vapor of course. They also come in disposable form and are easy to use for discreet consumption in an appropriate setting.
How to consume weed with a vaporizer or vape pen
- If you like the idea of inhaling but want a more discreet way to consume your daily dose, a vaporizer pen might be your perfect, let’s say, pen pal. This technique is beloved by people whose airways may be more sensitive, as vaporizers and pens are less harsh on the lungs.
- Similar to smoking from a joint, pre-roll or pipe, you do inhale into your lungs, but only for 2-3 seconds at a time, max. The high with vape pens can come on differently and more potently than other ways of inhaling marijuana.
Education is the key to understanding which type of weed consumption method is best for you, and CanEx is here to help. We deliver several weed types, products, and accessories quickly and even offer a tiered rewards system for loyal customers! Contact us any time with any questions or concerns you may have!